Birmingham is getting ready for a full weekend of fun for St. Patrick’s Day; and from parades to parties, the city has something for everyone and our new homes in The Cotswolds community are close to all of the fun.
Here are five Birmingham area St. Patrick’s Day events:
1. 30th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade – It’s a full day of fun and music at this popular parade and party in Five Points South on Saturday, March 15. The festivities begin at 11 a.m. with live music and dancing. Make sure you get a good seat for the parade, which starts at 1:30 p.m. and then enjoy live music the rest of the day at a host of local venues.
2. St. Patrick’s Day Beerfest – Start the weekend off with green eggs and ham at World of Beer, and bring some friends for a green beer and live music. Festivities begin on Saturday at 7 a.m. and last until 2 a.m. Sunday.
3. St. Patrick’s Day Science – Go green at The McWane Science Center on Monday, March 17. Kids will have all sorts of gooey green fun with unique activities. All activities are included in the cost of admission.
4. Wine Tasting – If you’re looking for a more sophisticated atmosphere, the celebration at Ozan Vineyard and Cellars on Saturday is for you. Try 10 – 12 wines during a tasting and take home a souvenir wine glass. Complimentary tastings are available for any three wines.
5. Barber Family Day – It’s not a St. Patrick’s Day event, but Barber Family Day at the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum is a great way to spend a Saturday. Kids can color a racecar T-shirt, take a photo on a motorcycle and more. Parents are free with the purchase of a child’s ticket.
We love being a home builder in Birmingham because the city has so much to offer our homeowners. The Cotswolds
features single-family homes and townhomes for families looking to live near the city but still wanting to retain the quiet and charm of living in the suburbs. A pool, clubhouse and playground are just some of the amenities in the community. Learn more about all of our communities by calling 205-982-2896.