5 Simple DIY Christmas Decorations
It’s time to gather around the fireplace with a hot chocolate and your favorite Christmas movie, because the best time of the year is finally here! The Harris Doyle team has searched high and low to find you Christmas decor inspiration that’ll have you decking the halls. Even if you have already decorated, we have some fun and fresh ideas that you can do with the family. Below you will find five DIY Christmas Décor ideas that are sure to add some Christmas spirit and fun to your holiday; let the Christmas crafting begin!1. Advent Calendar Ladder
The anticipation of the holidays is almost as special as the season itself. An advent calendar is an easy way to keep up the Christmas spirit leading up to December 25th. The children will have a surprise waiting for them each morning!
- Burlap bags (25)
- Wood ladder (Kirkland’s has some great and affordable options)
- Candy/toys for the bags.
- Let the children decorate the bags with Christmas themed drawings.
- Number Each Bag.
- Fill bags with candy or toys.
- Use festive ribbon to string the bags around the ladder.
2. Christmas Ornament Wreath with Wire Hanger
These Christmas ornament wreaths are super easy and inexpensive to make. Not to mention they add a fun holiday look to any room and can be made with any ornament colors (I recommend the Dollar Tree for ornaments.) For the ornaments, you'll want to use a variety of sizes, textures, and colors. Plan to buy around 50 ornaments to complete this project.
- Wire Coat Hanger
- Glue Gun
- Christmas garland or bow
- Shape the wire hanger into a circle.
- Untwist the hanger at the top.
- Start to slide the ornaments onto the hanger and glue them together in a pattern you like.
- Once you have all the ornaments placed on the hanger and glued together, twist the hanger closed at the top.
- Now you are ready to add your garland or bow to the top and find the perfect spot to hang your new DIY Christmas Ornament wreath.
Chances are, there are ornaments laying around the house that never make it to the tree. Re-purpose your old ornaments with this free and easy Christmas look.
- Festive bowl
- Grab any festive bowl or basket.
- Place your unused ornaments inside.
- To spruce it up even more, add pine cones and small branches from the Christmas tree.
4. Buffalo Plaid Door Sign
Buffalo plaid is everywhere this year! It is a staple that goes with any color palate and is great for decorating with for Christmas. The design is associated with warmth and will have you thinking you are having Christmas in the mountains.
- Circle cut out of wood (check Hobby Lobby)
- Red ribbon
- Merry Christmas decal
- Short and festive garland or twigs of leaves
- Paint the circle with black and red paid in the design of plaid.
- Let the paint dry and apply the Merry Christmas decal.
- Attach the garland and ribbons with super glue.
- Hang on your door and enjoy your festive front entry!
5. Mini Stocking Silverware Holder
Deciding how to find the perfect accents for your table this Christmas can be stressful. If you are looking for an easy fix, look no further. Mini stocking silverware holders are an affordable and very cute look. Amazon has some great options.
- Mini stockings
- A table to decorate
- Put your utensils in the stockings.
- Now you have an easy cute table setting!
If it smells like Christmas, it feels like Christmas. Get your holiday scented candles out and enjoy the hard work you’ve done. You’ll be wishing Christmas would never end. If you decide to try out one the DIY’s, we’d love to see it! Share it on social media with us by using the tag #HDChristmas.